Four Points Sheraton - Richmond Airport
4700 South Laburnum Avenue
Richmond, VA 23231
Lodging: Discounted rooms are available at the rate of $109/night. Make your reservations early to ensure that you're able to get into the room block. To book your room, call the hotel's toll-free reservation line at 888-627-8644. Your reservation must be secured with a major credit card at the time of booking. ROOM BLOCK DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO 9/8
VSTAP is happy to partner with the National Society of Accountants (NSA) to bring this course to Richmond. This is the same, intensive, nationally-known, EA prep course provided by NSA throughout the country at their annual conference.
Sept 21, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm - - - Part 1 - Individuals/ATP Combo
Sept 22, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm - - - Part2 - Businesses
Sept 23, 8:00 am - noon - - - Part 2 - Businesses (continues)
Sept 23, 1 pm - 5:00 pm - - - Part 3 - Representation, Practices & Procedures
View the comprehensive topics list here.
This 22-hour course is a comprehensive and intensive review geared toward a single purpose - to help you master tax basics and pass the EA exam. This course provides you with cutting-edge knowledge, materials and resources to tackle the EA exam and pass on the first attempt! By earning your EA credential, you will forever be exempt from having to take the Annual Filing Season Program and its associated Annual Federal Tax Refresher course and exam. There are many more benefits for becoming an EA including the authority to represent clients before the IRS. You don’t have to take all parts of the exam at one sitting. Instead, you can sit for the exam part by part. This is also a very good, and intense course for those that are entering the field or just want a good refresher. Current EA's are limited with regards to the number of credit they can earn for this program. Choose any one part or all three!
- Detailed 3-volume NSA Enrolled Agent Review self-study course in online and PDF,
- Hundreds of past exam questions and proven exam taking tips and tricks,
- Access to the instructors via email (following the course) for asking questions,
This course has been approved by the IRS for credits in the following areas: Ethics (2); Federal Tax Updates (5); Federal Tax Law (5); SEE Exam Prep* (10). *currently licensed Enrolled Agents are not eligible to receive credit for the SEE Exam Prep portion.
About the Instructors:
- John O. Everett, CPA, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus of Accounting at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, VA. His teaching specialty is federal taxation. Everett has authored or co-authored over 90 articles in academic and professional journals and is the coauthor of several textbooks, including CCH Practical Guide to Schedule M-3 Compliance, The HBJ Federal Tax Course, Income Tax Fundamentals, and Tax Planning with the Computer.
- Bill Duncan, CPA, Ph.D, Associate Professor of Accounting at Arizona State University. He was formerly a Director with Ernst & Young where he guided tax education for the firm. Duncan is the author or co-author of three textbooks and has published a number of articles on a variety of tax topics in publications including Taxes, The CPA Journal, and The Journal of the American Taxation Association. He has taught in the AICPA National Tax Education program for over 20 years.
VSTAP Event Cancellation Policy:
If you cancel in writing at least five business days before the program begins, you will be refunded your registration fee after a $50 administrative charge. Cancellations not received by the date required will not be eligible for a refund. If you cancel in writing at least 24 hours of the start of the program you may apply your registration fee to a future event for a $185 processing fee (to cover expenses VSTAP is committed to paying on your behalf regardless of your attendance). No shows will not be refunded. Balances are due prior to the start of the event.
The Accountants Society of Virginia, Inc. (dba VA Society of Tax & Accounting Professionals) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org. NASBA Sponsor #103365
The Accountants Society of Virginia, Inc. (dba VA Society of Tax & Accounting Professionals) has entered into an agreement with the Return Preparer Office, Internal Revenue Service, to meet the requirements of 31 Code of Federal Regulations, section 10.6(g), covering maintenance of attendance records, retention of program outlines, qualifications of instructors, and length of class hours. This agreement does not constitute an endorsement by the Return Preparer Office as to the quality of the program or its contribution to the professional competence of the enrolled individual. IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider Number TATHT.