You can apply for membership in the Society online or manually.
To apply online, click here or download this application form, fill it out and send to:
VA Society of Tax and Accounting Professionals
PO Box 3363
Warrenton, VA 20188
All major credit cards and checks are accepted. Checks should be made payable to: ASV.
You may also fax the application to: (888) 403-0920 or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DUES PAYMENT POLICY
Membership dues are payable as of July 1 and run through June 30. Payment of dues is required when you submit your application. Deposit of your payment does not imply acceptance in membership. Applicants not received in membership will be given a full refund.
Membership Categories:Applicants must apply at the highest level of membership that they are eligible.
Are required to meet continuing education requirements, completing a minimum of 60 CPEs in each three (3) year reporting cycle. Active Members must be in public practice and meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Must be in public practice.
- Must possess a valid permit/license as a Certified Public Accountant or such other title as may be granted under state law for the practice of accountancy for the public.
- Must be accredited in accountancy or taxation by the Accreditation Council for Accountancy.
- Must be enrolled to practice before the Internal Revenue Service.
- Must possess either an Associate degree or a Baccalaureate degree with a minimum of 24 semester hours in accounting.
- Has 3+ years experience in Public Accounting and/or Taxation.
Are not eligible to vote or hold office, do not need to meet continuing professional education requirements, and must meet one of the following requirements:
- Are an owner, partner, or employee of an accounting and/or tax firm and do not meet Active Membership requirements.
- Are an individual employed in government, a financial institution, private sector business, or a non-profit entity who's primary duties are in the field of accountancy.
- Are retired members who have attained the age of 65 or over, and who are retired from public practice.
Reside and conduct business out of state and shall have the same rights as Associate Members.
Are currently enrolled in an Accounting Education Program and shall have the same rights as Associate Members. Upon renewal, student members must submit their current semester's registration to VSTAP to remain eligible for this member type.