WASHINGTON, DC, September 21, 2011 - The Accreditation Council for Accountancy and Taxation (ACAT) elected several new officers and directors in August 2011.
Wanda Goodson, CPA, ABA, ATA of Goodson Accounting & Tax Services in Dawsonville, GA was elected President. Roy Frick, EA, ABA, ATA, ARA, LPA of Frick Accountants Ltd. in Ocean City, MD was elected to Vice President. Donald G. Yoder, LPA, EA, ABA, ATA of Bontrager Tax, Accounting & Consulting in Kalona, IA was re-elected as Secretary/Treasurer for a second year.
Two new members elected to the ACAT Board of Directors include:
- Harlan D. Rose, EA, ABA of Data Flow Corp. in Marshfield, WI
- Sharron M. Cirillo, LPA, ABA, ATP of SC Associates in Middletown, DE
The Public Director elected to the ACAT Board of Directors is Peter M. Berkery Jr., CFP of Oxford University Press
Three additional Directors continue their terms, including:
- Past President, Daniel E. Setters, EA, ABA, ATA, ATP, ARA of Accounting plus Tax Solutions, Inc. in Champaign, IL
- Carla Rich, DPA, CPA, ABA of Pensacola Junior College in Pensacola, FL
- Michael D. Kinkade of Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas in Nashville, AR.
ACAT is an independent accrediting and monitoring organization affiliated with the National Society of Accountants. ACAT accredits professionals in independent practice who have demonstrated measurable knowledge of the principles, practices, and ethical standards of accounting, taxation, information technology and related financial services. For more information, visit www.acatcredentials.org
or call 888-289-7763.