It's time to file!
Corporation Income Tax returns (Form 500) are due electronically on or before Dec. 15, 2015 from:
- Fiscal year filers whose taxable year ends on Aug. 31, 2015.
- Fiscal year filers whose taxable year ends on Feb. 28, 2015 and who are filing under Virginia’s automatic six-month extension.
Virginia Automatic Extension: Virginia grants an automatic six-month extension from the original due date to file Form 500. However, the extension doesn't allow for extra time to pay any taxes that are owed. Corporate taxpayers should pay any tentative tax due using Form 500CP (Virginia Automatic Extension Payment) when the return is due. Penalty and/or interest may apply if the tentative tax due wasn't paid by the original date the return was due. A penalty may apply to returns filed during the extension period if less than 90 percent of the return's total tax liability was paid by the original due date.
Electronic Filing Mandate: All corporations are required to file estimated tax payments, annual income tax returns and final payments electronically. If this requirement causes undue hardship, you may request a waiver by submitting the Virginia Corporation Electronic Filing Waiver Request form.
For details regarding Corporation Income Tax extensions and penalties or for information on how to file and pay electronically, visit our Corporation Income Tax web page.
It’s very important that we maintain accurate information regarding your business. Please use our Business iFile to:
- Tell us if you close your business or a specific business location
- Update your account with address or contact changes
- Add a new tax to your account
- Let us know you are no longer liable for a specific tax.