The VA Society of Tax & Accounting Professionals (formerly the Accountants Society of Virginia [ASV], Inc.) is a state-wide organization of professional accountants practicing throughout Virginia and the neighboring states.
Established in 1948, the Society works to do the following:
- Satisfy the educational and professional needs of its members
- Elevate and maintain a high standard of proficiency and integrity among its members
- Promote and protect the interests of accountants in Virginia
- Cultivate a spirit of professional cooperation among its members
- Establish goodwill and understanding between the general public and members of VSTAP
Throughout the course of a year, the VA Society of Tax & Accounting Professionals offers many excellent continuing professional education seminars
, including seminars in taxation, accounting, estate planning, practice management and others. All ASV members are approved for CPE by the Virginia Board of Accountancy
, the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy
, and the CFP Board.
In its 71 years of existence, the Society has grown steadily. Today its members represent a broad cross section of leading accountants throughout the Commonwealth.
VSTAP has assisted the accounting professional by providing the necessary tools to meet the increasing needs of the small business community and the general public.
Members have enjoyed the prestige of membership in this professional society, while simultaneously accepting the responsibility of membership, including its Code of Ethics
and continuing professional education requirements. VSTAP maintains a set of bylaws available to its members, click here to access