The Virginia Department of Taxation would like to clarify how Tax Preparers should submit the Corporate Income Tax Electronic Filing Waiver Request on behalf of their clients.
- Complete a single Corporate Income Tax Electronic Filing Waiver Request Form.
- Attach a list of the Corporations for which you prepare tax returns and/or submit payments and include the following information for each corporation.
- Corporation Name
- Corporation FEIN
- Indicate whether you have a Power of Attorney for each client
- Fax the Waiver Request and list to 804-367-3015
- The Department will issue a single waiver to the tax preparer covering all their clients.
Listed below are some valid reasons for which a Tax Professional would request a waiver.
- The Tax Preparer’s software does not support electronic filing
- The cost to purchase software supporting e-File would be a cost burden on the firm.
- The fact that the IRS does not support a specific federal form or schedule through their e-File program is not a valid reason for a waiver on its own merit. Since Virginia’s e-File program supports PDF attachments, the federal return or form can be attached as a PDF and filed as an “unlinked” return to Virginia. Please check with your software company as to whether they support both linked and unlinked returns.
- If you do not have a scanner or other means to produce a PDF, then request a waiver.
- If your software does not support unlinked filing of returns to the state, then request a waiver.
If you have any questions, please direct them to Nancy Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.